Sorted Kāinga Ora is designed to help whānau navigate their goals of Homeownership.
Our aim is to empower our whānau Māori with the tools and knowledge to get on top of their finances and make their aspirations a reality. The programme is tailored to the needs of whānau Māori and is designed to be accessible and easy to understand so you can investigate your options, make decisions and explore ways to achieve your goals.
Our workshops are held kanohi ki kanohi in either our Taupō or Tūrangi offices with intakes open throughout the year.
If you can commit to:
- An 8-week programme
- One 2-hour session per week
- Wednesday evenings 5.30pm onward
Then join our waiting list for the next intake, classes are scheduled once minimum numbers are confirmed (min. 10 whanau each intake).Register here
” I see so many benefits for our iwi and rangatahi to do a course on housing and finances. It was informative, friendly, transparent with professionals who are open”
Participants in the programme learn a range of topics, including:
- Pathways to housing – Where to start and what it all means
- Saving Smart – Savings and investing, Kiwisaver and Home Start Grants
- Spending Beliefs – What influences our spending habits, our attitudes and beliefs
- Understanding your Debts – Ways to reduce your debt footprint
- Money Plans and Systems – Using a budget as a tool to achieve your goals
- Planning for the Unexpected – Insurance, Wills, Power of Attorney and Trusts
- Money Motivations – Setting goals and finding what motivates you
- Your Aspirations – Creating a plan and putting into action
Register with our the He Iwi Kainga Team 0800 TŪWHARETOA (889 427) or email email@example.com