The Trust provides a number of grants to support our marae operational costs and benefit the people of Tūwharetoa.
TST STEM Scholarship
“Studying science at any level, especially a postgraduate one, is a full-time commitment. The support I have received from the STEM scholarship has proven incredibly helpful” – Shaun McNeil, STEM Scholarship recipient, completing a Master of Science majoring in Chemistry.
What is the Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust STEM Scholarship?
Every year the Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust makes three $10,000 scholarships available for registered members. The three scholarships are open to university students in their third year and above studying in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
The Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust recognises that Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics will play an important part in the future success of Ngāti Tūwharetoa and Aotearoa. This scholarship is part of Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust’s commitment to promoting and advancing the educational aspirations of Ngāti Tūwharetoa.
When does the application period open?
The 2023 STEM Scholarship application period opens in February and runs through until March.
There are three scholarships available valued at $10,000 each.
The scholarship is open to:
- registered members of Ngāti Tūwharetoa
- who reside in Aotearoa
- in their 3rd year or higher of University study.
Applications are currently closed however the 2023 Application period will open in February 2023.Click here to download the STEM Application Form
Education Grants and Scholarships
Education is important in the on-going development of Tūwharetoa and our people. If you are registered with the Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust you are eligible to apply for an Education grant.
You are eligible to apply if you/your child:
- Is enrolled at an Early Childhood Education centre or Kohanga Reo
- Is a Secondary School student and enrolled in any NCEA subject
- Is attending a Tertiary Institute – University, Wānanga, Polytechnic or Apprenticeship
- Has Special Needs and is attending school or participating in vocational training
Applicants must provide:
- Confirmation of enrolment, fees and course information from the education provider.
- Previous year’s academic results.
- A verified bank deposit slip or statement.
Find out more about Educations Grants and Education Scholarships here.Click here for Education Grant info