The Trust provides a number of grants to support our marae operational costs and benefit the people of Tūwharetoa.
As part of our commitment to promoting and advancing the educational aspirations of our people, TST acknowledges the importance of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) in the future of Ngāti Tūwharetoa and Aotearoa.
We are excited to offer a scholarship that acknowledges the academic excellence of tertiary students enrolled in STEM courses.
There are three scholarships available valued at $10,000 each. The scholarship is open to registered members of Ngāti Tūwharetoa who reside in Aotearoa and are in their 3rd year or higher of University study.
Applications for 2020 open on 1 November 2019. Please check back on this page then for information on how to apply.
Education Grants and Scholarships
Education is important in the on-going development of Tūwharetoa and our people. If you are registered with the Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust you are eligible to apply for an Education grant.
You are eligible to apply if you/your child:
- Is enrolled at an Early Childhood Education centre or Kohanga Reo
- Is a Secondary School student and enrolled in any NCEA subject
- Is attending a Tertiary Institute – University, Wānanga, Polytechnic or Apprenticeship
- Has Special Needs and is attending school or participating in vocational training
Applicants must provide:
- Confirmation of enrolment, fees and course information from the education provider.
- Previous year’s academic results.
- A verified bank deposit slip or statement.
Find out more about Educations Grants and Education Scholarships here.