Due to COVID-19 there have been changes made to the Kaingaroa and Rotoehu Forest Permit process for the 2020 season. Forest Permit Applications will now be done by online application only (click here to apply now). Permits will be posted to applicants, NO pick ups.
Visit the First Security Website to apply online
First Security is contracted by Timberlands Ltd to issue Recreational Forest Access Permits for the Kaingaroa and Rotoehu Forests.
HOW CAN I OBTAIN A RECREATIONAL FOREST ACCESS PERMIT?
- All persons 15 years or older, wishing to obtain a Recreational permit to enter forests managed by Timberlands Limited (TL), must apply annually for a Recreational Forest Access Permit. This includes hunting, fishing and game-bird shooting access.
- All applicants must also read the Recreational Forest Access Health & Safety Induction material and successfully complete the online quiz.
- Permit Application forms must be completed online and submitted with copies of relevant forms of ID e.g., drivers licence, passport, fishing, firearms and game-bird licences.
- Due to the COVID-19 lockdown, Recreational Access opening dates will be advised and permits will be processed and posted once the Government lifts lockdown restrictions. Please note there will be delays for processing of permits.
- Registrations are valid from the 1st of April 2020, to the 31st of March 2021 (12 months). Recreational Permits cover the period of the official hunting season and occasions when the forest may be opened due to low fire danger during the fire season.
If you have Forest Permit questions, please email: email@example.com