We may also use automated tools, methods, and systems to collect certain information about you automatically when you use the Website. We may collect personal information as follows:
When you use the Website, we may collect personal information about you, including:
• IP address and host name used by your computer to connect to the Website
• your name and contact details (where you contact us via the Website)
• date, time, and duration of your visit
We may also use that information for our statistical purposes, to allow us to review and improve our online services to you.
We may gather more extensive information for security and fraud prevention purposes, for example if we have concerns about abnormal usage patterns, or possible security breaches, or fraud.
You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide your personal information (or if you provide incorrect personal information), we may be unable to provide you with the information or services you require.
The location at which we store your personal information will depend on the nature and purpose of the information and the manner in which you supply it to us. We may use, process, and store your personal information at Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust offices.
We will ensure that the personal information that you provide us is protected, by such security safeguards as it is reasonable in the circumstances to take, against loss, access, use, modification, disclosure (except with our authority), and other misuse.
In addition, we will ensure that if it is necessary for your personal information to be given to a person in connection with the provision of one of our services, we will do everything reasonable within our powers to prevent the unauthorised use or unauthorised disclosure of the information by that person.
The personal information we collect will be used to provide other services that you have authorised or requested, and (with your permission) marketing purposes. We may also use your personal information to:
• respond to any questions or correspondence from you;
• analyse usage, trends, and statistics for the Website;
• improve the Website, and any related services;
• carry out internal research and development;
• provide you with additional information about a service that you have requested (including critical updates and announcements);
• enable us to use, process, or analyse that information for a specific purpose;
• carry out any other use that is notified to you at the time of collection, or which is otherwise authorised by you.
We will not otherwise disclose your personal information except:
• in aggregate form;
• where your safety, or the safety of others in the community, is at risk; or
• where you have otherwise authorised us to do so
With your consent, we may supply you with further information concerning goods and services that we consider may be of interest to you,
• your general characteristics and preferences (including demographic information); and
• the frequency and manner in which you use the Website, and any related services.
Personal information used and disclosed under this section will be used and disclosed only in aggregate form. The recipients of such information may retain and use that aggregate information for operational, financial, and planning purposes, including:
• carrying out statistical and other summary analysis of the general behaviour and characteristics of users
• measuring and analysing market performance and dynamics; diagnosing and solving marketing, sales, and quality issues;
• developing new goods and services, and improving existing ones, to better meet your needs.
Where we hold your personal information in such a way that it can readily be identified and retrieved, you are entitled to request access to that information or to obtain our confirmation of whether or not we hold that personal information. It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete, and current. You may also us to request access to, or correction of, your personal information that we hold. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the preparation and provision of any information you request under this section.
Where you have requested or authorised us to send you messages (for example, newsletters, alerts, confirmations, and information concerning goods and services which may be of interest to you) you can request us to stop sending you any or all of those messages by taking any one of the following steps:
• using the unsubscribe feature (if present) in any such message;
• by informing us through the “contact us” functionality on the online accounts pages
• contacting us.
Once we have received your request we will, as soon as is practicable, comply with that request.
Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust
PO Box 1845