1. Q. What is the criteria for this Repairs & Maintenance Programme?
A. A homeowner & registered with Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust
2. Can Papakāinga apply?
A. Yes on the basis that individuals are registered with Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust and can evidence ownership – a separate application form will need to be completed to
3. Does Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust provide funding?
A. As this is a 12 month Pilot programme the Trust is not providing funding but Kaiarahi will provide advice and advocacy on other options available.
4. Q. I notice that you complete assessments within the Turangi, Taupo catchment does that mean that you don’t look at towns outside of this?
A. As this is a 12 month pilot programme we will start in these locations and hope to expand into other areas such as Taumarunui once all data has been collated and
capacity is available to increase into other locations.
5. Q. Does this programme include education on how to maintain your home?
A. Yes every 6 months the Trust will provide a 1 day workshop for registered members to learn low-cost/no-cost options to maintain your home to reduce repairs required. Send an enquiry through to us on the link under Repairs & Maintenance to register your interest in a future workshop.
6. Q. Can you broaden the repairs to include water tank replacements, reroofing and electrical wiring replacements for homes built pre 1950s?
A. Currently we are completing assessments for housing repairs and maintenance. Once the assessment is completed we will work with whānau to apply for funding with other providers if they are eligible. Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust is not funding repairs. Send an enquiry through to us on the link under Repairs & Maintenance to register in the programme.
7. Q. Do you help those that live in and around Rotoaira and Waihi within the Turangi area?
A. Yes for Repairs & Maintenance Assessments, register online through the link under Repairs & Maintenance programme.
8. Q. What assistance is available to members living outside of Taupo and Turangi?
A. Kaiarahi will respond to your enquiry and discuss your options for what is available locally for you when you register with the programme. We will develop a plan including education for everything you need to know for repairs and maintenance of your home.
9. Q. Is this just an assessment or does it include further restructure, like do you guys actually come in and fix things?
A. At this stage it is just an assessment, however kaiarahi will work with you to develop a plan around the repairs and maintenance identified in the assessment such as applying for funding that you may be eligible for. Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust is not funding repairs.