Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust is building 13 affordable rentals in Te Iwiheke Place, Tūrangi.
Construction starts in September and the first homes will be on site by January 2023.
More information on the application process will be released in September 2022.
You will need to be a registered member of Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust to be eligible for a placement.
E mahi ana ā mātou Kaiārahi Kāinga i nga hōtaka e toru nei
Our Kaiārahi Kāinga work across three PILOT programmes:
Register your enquiry with us now to get your free Whare Ora assessment with Aaron Te Huia our Technical Building Assessor. The assessment includes:
Critical and Severe Repair Requirements to provide running water, waste water management and electricity.
- Weatherproofing your home
- Roof, floor and window insulation
- Providing essential access
- Solar power options
The assessments will provide areas of priority for repairs and maintenance for Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust members.
When you register your interest by completing an enquiry form, Kaiārahi will make contact to work with you and your whānau and arrange for a Technical Building Assessor to come to your home and complete a full assessment for repairs.
Kaiārahi will then work with you to look at solutions to complete the repair & maintenance through a comprehensive plan (see the Frequently Asked Questions)
As the Repair & maintenance Programme is in its infancy it does not include funding for repairs from Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust but Kaiārahi will refer to external providers for resourcing and assistance that may be available to you and your whānau.
Register your interest in this programme
ADVICE & ADVOCACY
He Iwi Kāinga Kaiārahi will provide personal advice and advocacy for you and your whanau whether you are renting, own your own home, or want to purchase your first home. Landlords are also able to enquire, receive advice and advocacy
- Advice on Kāinga renting, purchasing and lending (mortgage).
- Coaching and mentoring on budgeting, home purchasing, home maintenance, property management, being a high performing tenant.
- Advice on being a landlord or engaging with landlords.
- Advocacy for electricity prices and all other subsidies.
- Advocacy for rental subsidies.
Home Ownership is the ultimate dream. Speak to one of our Home Ownership specialists to answer all your queries and provide you with the support and guidance to achieve your ultimate dream in:
- Affordable home ownership.
- Residential developments and builds.
- Papakāinga development support
Papakīnga Development Support
Papakāinga developments on Māori owned land is are one of the solutions to providing affordable housing for our whānau. If you or your trust are interested in developing a Papakāinga we have staff who can help you with:
• Papakāinga development process.
• Feasibility reports.
• Navigating the Māori Land Court.
• Council consenting.
Since December 2019 Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust has completed its research and members survey that has provided valuable insight into the housing needs of Ngāti Tūwharetoa Iwi and urgent action is required to provide advice and advocacy for Affordable, Assured, Healthy and Accessible housing for all registered Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust members.
Our Vision – He Iwi Kāinga
- Homes worthy of Ngāti Tūwharetoa
- Homes for mana and whanaungatanga
- Communities where our future generations will thrive
The short term outcomes we are seeking:
- Affordable & quality homes are available (within the rohe) to members who are prepared and committed
- Home repairs, insulation & accessibility renovations are available to members who are prepared and committed
- Coaching, guidance and support are available to members to achieve individual home ownership
- To improve the health of all who reside in the rohe of Ngati Tūwharetoa
The medium term outcomes we are seeking:
- More members are in a position to renovate their homes to a warm, healthy and accessible state
- A greater number of affordable homes are available (within the rohe)
- More members are in a position to purchase or rent a high quality and affordable home
The long term outcomes we are seeking:
- More members have the resources and independence to own an open market home
- All members have the skills and support necessary to own an affordable home
- All members have the financial resources necessary to own and operate an affordable home.
The Trust introduces “He Iwi Kāinga” established as the project management office to achieve our mission of Assured, Affordable, Healthy and Accessible Housing for Ngāti Tūwharetoa.
General Manager Sean Te Heuheu and his team are ready to deliver housing solutions that contribute to the overall wellbeing of our people and our whenua – now and into the future.
Our operational team includes;
Sean Te Heuheu – General Manager – Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust
Greg Stebbing – Commercial Advisor – Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust
Melanie Henry – Corporate Services Manager – Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust
Blandina Diamond – Programme Manager – He Iwi Kāinga
Piki Taiaroa – Project Management Office Manager – He Iwi Kāinga
Rua Eagle – Senior Kāinga Coach – He Iwi Kāinga
Aaron Te Huia – Technical Building Assessor – He Iwi Kāinga
Vacancy – Programme Administrator – He Iwi Kāinga
Vacancy – Senior Kāinga Coach – He Iwi Kāinga
For more in-depth information and reviews please view our downloadable documents here;
Please contact us to receive a copy of the He Iwi Kāinga – Tūwharetoa Kāinga StrategyClick here to request a copy of the He Iwi Kāinga – Tūwharetoa Kāinga Strategy
Our services are available Monday – Friday (8.30-4.30pm)
For more information contact us.
Phone: (0800 TUWHARETOA (0800 889 427).
or come in to see us at
1/81 Horomātangi Street, Taupō.